Darren Herman leads and inspires the white space that exists between marketing, advertising, content, and technology. Herman has held senior leadership positions at private and public companies based in Silicon Valley and Silicon Alley and actively runs Silicon Alley Sports, home to the Silicon Alley Golf, Tennis, and Paddle Invitational, used to raise money for charities. He has created ~$50,000,000 in EBITDA for the companies he’s founded and has had three successful exits in his career so far (as founder or cofounder).
Awards and Honors
• Power List: Designers and Brand Geniuses (Gotham Magazine)
• Top 100 Global Corporate Investors (Global Corporate Venturing)
• MediaPost Top Agency 2012 (Media Magazine)
• Best Agency for Integrated Media 2012 (iMedia Connection)
• 2012 New York Early Stage Angel 100 (Business Insider)
• #36 on 2011 Silicon Alley 100 (Business Insider)
• 2011 OMMA Magazine All Stars (MediaPost)
• iMedia Class of 2010 Marketing Innovators
• BusinessWeek’s Top 25 Entrepreneurs
• AlwaysOn Top Media Company
• Avenue-A|Razorfish Breakthrough Company of the Year
• Sony’s #1 Wired Student in North America
Herman has been featured prominently in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, The FT, BusinessWeek, CNBC, Bloomberg, Advertising Age, AdWeek, MediaPost, Business Insider, Digiday, and many other publications. He currently resides just outside of Boston, MA with his wife and two children.