Meet the Five Big Trends Changing Marketing: This was an article I wrote for AdAge which is based off of The Media Kitchen‘s Menu (2011, 2012 version), a document we release each year that talks about five trends and associated companies that are poised to grow with this trend.
Below are the five trends I highlight and if you want to read the whole article, click here.
- Communication across many social platforms will be seamless
- Location will play an increasingly important role for targeting
- Cross platform plans will be driven by data
- Content is marketing and marketing is certainly content
- Experiences will be linked across many devices
Technology, Advertising and Startup Council (#TASCNYC): On Monday, David Berkowitz, Ian Schafer, Mark Silva and I will be hosting the inaugural event for TASC at the Soho House here in New York City. The goal of the event is for create more of a bond between Madison Avenue and Silicon Valley/Alley through spending time with different startups to help them accelerate themselves. It’s not a pitch for media budget but rather a business building exercise where we can help these companies position themselves better to work with Madison Avenue. I’m super excited to be working alongside David, Mark and Ian and look forward to what future events might bring. You can read much more about #tascnyc here.