I subscribe to the MarketingCharts email newsletter and they reported that online advertising network rates are declining. Below are some key statistics from the story but to read all the details, click here.
- Across all websites, the range of eCPMs was $0.002 to $18.45.
- Among verticals…
- Social networking led the plunge with monetization dropping 47%, from 37 cents in March to 19 cents in April, below January lows of 22 cents.
- Entertainment monetization dropped 17%, from 40 cents in March to 33 cents in April.
- Gaming and Sports were down marginally (4% and 5%, respectively).
- Technology remained relatively flat at 83 cents in April vs. 82 cents in March – but is still off January highs of 92 cents.
- In April 2008, 77% of small websites garnered net publisher eCPMs from ad networks of under $1.00, compared with 95% of medium websites and 100% of large websites.
Additionally, check out PubMatic’s AdPrice Index.